English is one of the most widely spoken languages. It is considered to be a common international language when it comes to field of education, business, trade and commerce.It is the language of the internet. It helps students to see things from a different perspective, or get a deeper understanding of another culture. It gives students a voice. and shows students that words are powerful things: they're the things that influence people, that instigate change in the world. We are currently working with a Bilingual Chinese school that is looking to expand its international teacher cohort. The school has children from Primary to Middle School but will soon be expanding into high school level and in theory will offer IGCSE. Class sizes are small with around 15 students per class and there is a maximum of 20 hours teaching per week. The school is well resourced using a Pearson published curriculum and has a good academic reputation within the area. This post is ideally suited to a newly qualified teacher with a PGCE or B.Ed or alternatively an English graduate who has been teaching English for a minimum of 2 years. These jobs are to start in early 2020 and can be applied for now.
- Inspire the next generation of children into learning about English Literature and the spoken language in all its forms
- Boost children’s confidence levels in English language and social interaction
- Have an opportunity to be memorable in the lives of young people, to have them look back in years to come and remember you as a mentor
- Have the opportunity to shape the curriculum and to be a thought leader and influencer
- Introduce different linguistic forms and communicative functions
- Provide second-language learners with ways to understand things like irony, exposition, argument, and narration.
- Provides a rich content for new vocabulary and language structures through Literature
- Provide a cultural insight into your background and interests through innovative and stimulating lessons
What do you get out of it?
- Have the opportunity to live in and explore China, its people, its culture and its language in a deeply immersive way
- Make a real difference to the lives of the next generation of Chinese students.
- Pick up new life skills that can be used when you go back home
- Take some time out whilst you think about what career you want to follow when you get back
- Save some money and start to pay off your student debt ( in some cases it may be possible to save half your salary per month).
- Maximum of 20 hours teaching per week
- Carry out teaching related responsibilities including, but not limited to lesson planning and delivery of lessons
- Assessment of students’ language ability and development Conduct Demonstration classes, conversation clubs, tutorials, seminars and presentations
- Participate in various cultural exchange programme activities
- We are looking for English Graduates with a background of teaching in any capacity for a minimum of two years.
- Beginning English Teachers looking for an opportunity to work internationally
- Energy, enthusiasm, inventiveness, flexibility with lesson plans, positivity, humour, ability to devise productions, and teach the students amazing skills that are going to equip them for a life in or out of the school environment.
- Experience teaching English/ EAL in an international setting.
- Experience working with groups of children
- Return Flight Allowance
- Accommodation Allowance
- Z Visa and visa assistance
- Medical Insurance
- Highly competitive salary
If you are interested in the role above, please send a copy of your CV and a short cover letter to hr @ intergreat.com.